Myprotein: 100 Days Countdown to London Olympics 2012 Incentive
Yesterday saw the 100 day countdown mark until the London 2012 Olympics. Along with Wimbledon and the European Football Championships, 2012 is going to be a huge Summer for sport in the UK, and we’re all hoping to ride the wave and reap the benefits, which you can be a part of too!
We’ve decided to give one affiliate a 1% CPA increase in each week leading up to the Games as a reward for their hard work. There isn’t a set criteria for the competition, you must simply impress us, be it with a stand-out landing page, increased revenue WoW, an inventive competition, or anything else you can do to separate yourself from everyone else!
If you do give Myprotein any extra exposure that you think is deserved of that prize, please forward links/images of everything over to us in your pitch to claim the extra commission.
As a side note, there are some rules and regulations we must adhere to in marketing which surround the Olympics this year. We can't for example utilise protected Games' Marks which include phrases, trademarks, names, logos and designs related to the Games in order to enhance the promotion of our brand and products. The following are some of the current prohibited terms/items:
- The Olympic Symbol
- The Paralympic Symbol
- The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Emblems
- The London 2012 mascots
- The word 'London 2012'
- The words 'Olympic', 'Olympiad', 'Olympian' (and their plurals and words very similar to them – eg 'Olympix'
- The words 'Paralympic', 'Paralympiad', 'Paralympian' and their plurals and words very similar to them – eg 'Paralympix'
- The Olympic Motto: 'Citius Altius Fortius' / 'Faster Higher Stronger'
- The Paralympic Motto: 'Spirit in Motion'
- The Team GB logo
- The ParalympicsGB logo
- The British Olympic Association logo
- The British Paralympic Association logo
- london2012.com (and various derivatives)
- The London 2012 sports pictograms
This is a document which highlights brand guidelines for marketing use, the main take home points being the correct use of 'Listed Expressions'.
The 2 below scenarios will be infringing the Listed Expressions rules:
– any two of the words in list A below
– any word in list A with one or more of the words in list B below
A: Games, Two Thousand and Twelve, 2012, Twenty-Twelve
B: London, medals, sponsors, summer, gold, silver, bronze
For example, the following phrases use the Listed Expressions and someone would be likely to fall foul of the law if they used them without authorisation:
– ‘Backing the 2012 Games’
– ‘Supporting the London Games’
Here is a link to the Olympic 2012 site which contains some FAQs should you still be unsure of what you can and can't do. You can of course also contact us directly with any of your questions.
Oliver & Kat