Every tradesman who joins Rated Peoples starts out without any ratings. So if you’re new to the service it’s important that you concentrate on selling yourself (and your company), especially if you don’t have any recommendations yet. That’s what your personalised website is there for.
There are four sections you can tailor to promote your business to the fullest. In ‘Services’, ‘Recommendations’, ‘Qualifications’ and ‘Gallery’ sections you have the chance to include all the necessary details you feel a homeowner would like to know about your company.
Homeowners want to know about your company and what services you offer. You should include plenty of facts to strengthen your case so you have a better chance of winning the homeowners’ jobs.
- What are your specialities?
- Have you undertaken any special projects worth mentioning?
- Why should homeowners hire your company?
- Do you offer any guarantees?
It’s a good idea to include a photo of yourself (and/or your employees), and perhaps share why you enjoy working as a tradesman. Jim from Decor-wise, a Rated People member, has created a great example, below.
Your previous customer ratings are the most important important aspect of your website. When you have won and completed a job, don’t forget to ask the homeowner to rate you. They will receive an email from Rated People with instructions, but it always helps to remind the customer just how important these recommendations are. You can also prompt the homeowner to rate you by sending them an email. To email a customer asking them to rated you, follow the instructions below.
- Login to your account and click on Purchased Jobs
- Click on the job in question, you might find it under Purchased or Archive section
- On the right hand side of the page you will see a button which says ‘Ask the customer to rate you on this job’. This will send the customer a reminder to leave a rating for you
When homeowners are about to hire a tradesman to fit new floors, lay tiles, or re-landscape a garden, they want to know what kind of quality of work they can expect. Homeowners rarely have experience with home improvements and as such, don’t know what the project (from start to finish) will look like. Use the ‘Gallery’ section as your portfolio to explain the different stages of the work.
- Give homeowners an idea of what kinds of projects you’ve worked on before
- Include ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos
- Remember that the quality of photos are important, careful of any fingers in the way!
- If your photos are blurry, don’t include them as it doesn’t say ‘attention to detail’
The qualifications section isn’t applicable to all trades, however for some it’s crucial.
- Without a Gas Safe registered number you won’t be able to buy any gas jobs
- Don’t forget to upload the details of your Public Liability Insurance
- Qualifications will give you credibility and convince homeowners that you’re competent and the person for their job
Should you need any help to optimise your website do get in touch with us. Our support team can assist you with any queries and are always on hand to explain the service. The number is 0800 953 3002 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm).