Changes to findmypast
We wanted to let you know there have been a few changes to the findmypast site that we hope will be of interest. We expect these changes to generate a lot of activity from customers, and should really help with conversion.
New packages available
Explore our local records for as little as £9.95, $9.95, $9.95 AUD or 9.95euros per month or our world collection for as little as £12.95 a month ($19.95, $19.95 AUD, 14.95euros).
More records – easier searching
• On Thursday 10th April findmypast launched 100 in 100 where 100 record sets will be released in 100 days. From military records to parish records, births, marriages, deaths and christenings, our records offer an even better chance to discover your ancestors.
• You can now search individual record sets or your choice of records in one go.
• Filter by country, record collection and then record set to see exactly where your results are coming from.
• The changes we've made mean that we'll be able to release new records for you to explore every week.
We have a brand new family tree
• Bring your story to life by giving each family member a profile picture.
• If you've been building your tree elsewhere, you can now import it to findmypast. Upload your GEDCOM file and continue working on your family tree with us.
• Build multiple family trees.
We will be going global for affiliates!
We will be starting an affiliate programme for our US site, so any of you with US traffic or international visitors can benefit from the new programme. We will be sending out details closer to the time, but we’ve included a few key points
• The accounts will be linked and cross-tracked, so no sales are lost should a customer convert on either site
• The programme will open up access to (and commission on) the huge number of people in the US interested in family history
New commission structure coming
We will be changing from a percentage of package price to a fixed CPA per package bought. What does this mean for you?
• Clear, fixed return on each package type
• Higher average earnings across the programme
• Even more opportunity for incentive-based rewards (watch this space!)
What do you need to do?
Aside from letting your users know about the new packages, additional records and our brand new family tree, you won’t need to do anything to benefit from these changes. Once the US programme launches a communication will be sent out to let you know, but sign up will be automatic to ensure any trans-Atlantic sales are tracked from the beginning. There will also be further information on linking options and other helpful advice.
The Findmypast Affiliate team