Available for pre-order only - publication date 24/03/18
Pests can be damaging, annoying or even dangerous, causing untold damage to precious possessions and even the structure of buildings themselves. This new English Heritage guide focuses on these destructive pests and includes:
● Clear photography to aid identification of pest species
● Practical pest management strategies
● A cutaway drawing of an infested house to locatepest trouble spots
● Information about pests new to the UK
● Case studies from conservators on the front line
● An action checklist
Written by leading heritage experts in clear, accessible language with helpful illustrations, this book provides a concise but comprehensive guide to the key pest species that commonly cause damage when they infest houses and collections. It provides solutions for dealing with them and – crucially – shows you how to stop the pests returning.
This handbook will prove an invaluable guide to professionals managing historic houses and collections as well as to any householder with pest problems.